Application letter




Application letter

The application letter (sometimes. referred to as application) should be written in such a way that it covers all the areas, a potential employer is looking for. Your qualifications and achievements should be highlighted.

Format

Applicant's Contact Details 
     Name
     Address City, State, Zip Code
     Phone Number
     Email Address
     Date


Employer Contact Details
     Name
     Title
     Company
     Addres
     City, State, Zip Code
   

Salutation
     Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name, (You must leave out this space if you do not have info about whom to address or you may simply write Dear Sir/Madam). 


Body of Applicatiion Letter
The body of your letter allows the employer/HR of the firm, to know what position you are applying for, the reason why employer should shortlist you for an interview, and how will you follow-up.


First Paragraph 
In an application letter format, the first paragraph must include details on why you are writing the letter. You must mention the job you are interested in and applying for and how did you find that job listing. You may include the name of a mutual contact/reference, if you have one.

Middle Paragraph 
The middle paragraph should describe what you have to offer the company/employer. You should mention your educational background and how your qualifications are best suited for the job you are applying for. You may write about your past work experiences, and what ou gained from it. 
Final Paragraph
General application format implies that the final paragraph must be a concluding one, in which the applicant should thank the employer for considering him for the job position. 

Complimentary Close
Faithfully/Sincerely/Respectfully yours, Signature




example of application letter


Duke Reinald
8 Sue Circle, Smithtown, CA 08067.909-555-5555 john.donaldson@emailexample.com 


September 1, 2018
George Gilhooley
Times Union
87 Delaware Road
Hatfield, CA 08065



Dear Mr. Gilhooley,

I am writing to apply for the programmer position advertised in the Times Union. As requested, I enclose a completed job application, my certification, my resume and three references.

The role is very appealing to me, and I believe that my strong technical experience and education make me a highly competitive candidate for this position. My key strengths that would support my success in this position include:


  • I have successfully designed, developed and supported live-use applications. 
  • I strive continually for excellence.  
  • I provide exceptional contributions to customer service for all customers. 

With a 135 degree in Computer Programming, I have a comprehensive understanding of the full lifecycle for software development projects. I also have experience in learning and applying new technologies as appropriate. Please see my resume for additional information on my experience.

I can be reached anytime via email atjohn.donaldson@emailexample.com or by cell phone, 909-555-5555.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.


Sincerely,


Duke Reinald

We will email you when we have a new update: